Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I'm Bacccccck!!!

Well, after getting the bug to do this, and a little kind encouragement from friends, I am going to try and get prudentMUSIC up and running again. So you can expect, hopefully, a flurry of posts in the coming few weeks to make up the hiatus and bring you the freshest, most succulent indie-rock tunes you may have overlooked (or better, the TV and Radio lacked delivering to you on a silver platter; fear not I'm here!)

So as a refresher: My goal here is to make you aware of some of my favorite music. I feel like I have a good ear for catchy, new music which often gets overlooked. I provide some quick/easy listening for the music (via YouTube, Imeem, etc) but I also provide you with the BitTorrent link for the album. Now, getting into the economics of piracy and the law, if you look back to some earlier posts you will read about how the internet has helped countless indie bands and really the only ones hurt are the hugely successful commerical ones. Check out this awesome article about reforming copyright law. What I see this blog is as a marketing platform for bands and their fans; an organic and viral way for their music to spread, which in my head (and heart), will lead to these bands indeed making real dollars and cents from it all. I am not advocating to not buy albums or merch, DO those things and most importantly go to shows, bring friends and show off this great music!

If you don't have any sweet clue what BitTorrent is... read this. Now that you get it, download the uTorrent BT client here and install it. Once you have this you can download albums (and so much more).

And now... MUSIC!

No comments: