Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Koushik - Out My Window

My second release tonight is from a Canadian, simply named "Koushik" (which is this DJ/producers first name... last name Gosh). I stumbled across this album and was greatly impressed. In the same vein as fellow Canadian Caribou (FKA: Manitoba) and Four Tet, Koushik has made his mark with this album. Falling under what I would consider to be the electronica/funk/ambient genres, this album is perfect for those chill evenings in doing some work (well it seems all I ever do is mark these days)... or if you're entertaining for a dinner or drinks, this could be a great soundtrack to impress.

Check out some of these reviews to help whet your appetite:
  • Filter: In brief, it's one of the grooviest albums you'll hear--Saudi Arabia, here, or anywhere else.
  • Mojo: A hypnotic and original treat, an utterly timeless futurist retro symphony.
    Pitchfork: The end result is a delectable pop record, with Koushik's heavy ambiance and amorphous production combining to nudge his songs to their tingling crescendos.
So, with this... I encourage you to check Koushik out!







No comments: