Saturday, October 13, 2007

The Hives - The Black and White Album

One of my most cherished bands, Sweden's "The Hives" churn out punk-rock albums like no other. Combining hilarious outfits and names, with insanely catchy, fast and addictive music is the hives recipie for success. These guys's albums are all solid, start to finish, and it's no wonder they are not more popular. I would say they rank amongst my top 10 favorite bands, and one of the top bands I want to see (According to Spin magazine they were ranked the best live band in the world a few years ago)... This new album JUST dropped and hopefully it will be one of the hits of 2007... I bet you'll end up nabbing their entire disog, it's worth it... I picture these guys as perfect working out music or something to play in a dressing room pre-game.

Nab the Black and White album here!

Here's their review of their 2002 album "Veni Vidi Vicious", which got rave reviews at MetaCritic.

See there AMG Bio here.

Here's the lead single from the new album, "Tick Tick Boom"


And here's a super cool medley of about 6 or 7 songs... so funny, random covers:

No comments: