Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Pride Tiger - Lucky Ones

Wholy crap! How did I miss this band? I was sitting home last night when a good friend, who's very musically inclined, tipped me off about a little West Coast band named "Pride Tiger". I had never heard of them before, but decided after checking their site to go down to the Paramount and check them out.... I was totally floored. These guys rocked hard, and get this -- the lead singer is the vocalist. He's rocking out so hard but manages to maintain clean, crisp and smooth vocals over the hard rock backing. The band lines up vertically, bassist and lead guitar, drummer in the middle and rythm guitar on the other side. Very novel idea... the drummer rocked so hard and looked so happy, even though there was all of 40-50 people there. Either way, one of the best shows I've seen in a while! Their music is classic rock and roll, think a modern-era Thin Lizzy... but also in the same vain as Death From Above 1979 and the Panthers. Definitely a solid album which you should give a listen to.

You can download their debut album, "Lucky Ones" here!

They have a very limited profile at AMG.

Check out a video of the boys during Canadian Music Week playing "The White Witch Woman Blues":

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha. The first I heard this record I called it Thin Lizzy for the 2K's.

Still waiting for the revised cover of "Boys are Back in Town"

: )

China said...

That comment nailed it - the entire album had me thinking of "The Boys Are Back in Town."

It's taken about 3/4 of a year for this to get a US release. Interesting...