Saturday, November 24, 2007

The Blakes - The Blakes

Today I bring you Seattle's, "The Blakes". I had not come across these fellas at all on my musical journy until I happened to download a random "Indie Playlist torrent" which one of their tracks was featured on it. Well let me tell you, that song "Pistol Grip" definitely gripped me and I was thirsty for more. All I can say is check out the track on the video below! Completely rocking and fun, this album will most definitely make it into your high rotation in no time. On the track "Commit", The Blakes sound a whole lot like Sam Roberts, see if you feel the same.

Here's a good little abstract about the band: "The Blakes recall the stinging catchiness of the early Who, Kinks, and other 60s spitfire rock bands. Brothers Garnet and Snow Keim (both on vocals) busked around the country, writing songs, 'till they ended up settling in Seattle. There they met drummer Bob Husak and have been playing clubs and festivals (from Sasquatch to SXSW) ever since. The Blakes have received critical adoration and massive airplay for their bone-rattling anthems "Don't Bother Me," "Two Times" and "Streets."

Download their Self-Title debut album here!

Check out a live video of "Pistol Grip" here:

No comments: