Monday, November 12, 2007

Calvin Harris - I Created Disco

Well I am not too sure how I missed this release, but I am sure glad I stumbled on to it this weekend. 22 year old Calvin Harris hails from Scotland and unleashed on the scene in a very modern, web-sort of way. Utilizing MySpace and other online tools Harris and his DIY method landed him a major record deal with EMI and he even ended up helping Kylie Minogue produce her last album. The disco/house/electronica beats on this album are fantastic and will keep you grooving. The sound is retro but modern at the same time. Lovers of Mylo and LCD Soundsystem will totally dig this album. I reckon anyone who gave this album a spin would like it to some degree -- if anything it's a great disc to toss on before going out!

Oh and here's a little tidbit for us Canadians who may be scared about downloading copyrighted content on the internet: "The Canadian police announced that it will stop targeting people who download copyrighted material for personal use. Their priority will be to focus on organized crime and copyright theft that affects the health and safety of consumers instead of the cash flow of large corporations." Read the rest of the article at TorrentFreak.

Download "I Created Disco" here!!!
Here are the Metacritic reviews of "I Created Disco"
Check out Mr. Harris' bio at AMG here.



Here's the video for "The Girls" from "I Created Disco":

1 comment:

Craig said...

What a bawlzy title! Can you find me some DJ Sunderland? I can't find any through Scrape or on What